The Road Map


View LePuy to Santiago in a larger map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Castelnau-sur-l'Auvignon to Aire sur I'Adour

Yesterday we left this little Gîte out in the middle of nowhere, and proceeded on our path to Santiago. We walked 11 km into the town of Condom population 4000... There we attempted to catch a bus to another town. Sadly we missed the bus. So we stayed and explored the town. Mailed a box of useless stuff we had been lugging around from home. We also found a nice Gîte to stay in in this town of Condom. Our host could speak 11 different languages, including english. Although we did seem to have a misunderstanding about dinner, we decided to go out and share a delicious salad, pizza, and ice cream.

Today we got up, stopped for some coffee and hot chocolate, got some pastries and fruit and headed for that bus station....:-) we then on the bus to Aire sur I'Adour where we found out it is Heritage Days In all of Europe. They open buildings and museums to the public this weekend that are not normally open, so we explored... but not before we found our place to stay for the evening. We are CAMPING..... Literally in a camper thing..... I think this is more what Julie thought we would be staying in..... Tomarrow we leave early.... Very early...













Our chamber.... It does have electricity...... No toilet....or shower....






Here's our riverside camp ground... Right next to the bull fighting ring....




Last night's lovely pizza!



Condom, town of the Four Musketeers...

1 comment:

  1. Did the people that knew English know the town name would be interesting to you?

    Also- your have a fridge, so it's pretty special compared to what I thought. BUT... no toilet- so I would say yes... it's a shack.

    Also- that pizza looks awesome! Doesn't look like it came out of a box!

    ReplyDelete